The naturally aged look of rocks adds structure to your design all year round and builds a link between an artificial environment and the natural world. You can use these raw materials to make beautiful things that fit a wide range of design ideas, from dramatic, jagged structures to smooth finishes.
Landscaping Rocks are Versatile
Pebbles are one of the most versatile landscaping materials. You can use them to accent plants and trees in your yard or make new things like water features and paver walkways. The following ideas will inspire beautiful gardens incorporating rocks.
Ideas for Landscaping with Rocks
Knowing how to apply this landscaping material is crucial. Different rocks have different uses. You may need to learn where to start if you are new to gardening. Once you settle on a landscaping project, feel free to question Green Landscape Supply’s professionals.
- Walkways and Edging
- Use rocks, pebbles or stones as a border for your walkways or flower beds to make a beautiful focal point in your garden. Stone edging is inexpensive, easy to install and offers great design freedom.
- Cover external under-drains with stones and pebbles to enhance their aesthetic value and functionality. A layer of tiny rocks placed over plant soil can also help conserve water by keeping the soil cooler and providing shade.
- Strong metal baskets filled with stone, called gabion planters, can be used to create a unique stonework feature in your garden. They are lovely because you can make them in almost any shape you want.
- Mulch Replacement
- When designing your garden, you can use mulch, but try switching things up with rocks instead. This application can highlight the garden, flowers or shrubs you have always admired. Plus, mulch landscaping requires redoing every season, while stone can stay in place all year long, making it easier and cheaper for you in the long run.
- Pebble Inlays
- Pebbles—also called decorative aggregates—add color, texture and interest to your pavement designs. They soften hardscaping. Filling crevices between paving slabs with pebbles can add a subtle touch.
The Ideas are Endless
Rock may be used in so many ways in landscaping that it is impossible to run out of design options. Other great ideas include using stone to make a fire pit or fountain or to line the border of a pond.
Contact the experts at Green Landscaping Supply when you need rocks, gravel or stones for landscaping. We have premium materials at affordable prices.
Posted on behalf of Green Landscape Supply